HOSA is an international student organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Health Science Education (HSE) Division of ACTE.
HOSA stands for Health Occupations Students of America.
On April 17 members of the PHS HOSA club competed at the State Leadership Conference (SLC 2023) in Orlando. They are:
- Yilhia Alamo: competed in Physical therapy.
- Yazmeen Anderson: competed in Medical Assisting.
- Brooklynn Arm: competed in Nutrition.
- Valeria Cardenas-Pena: competed in Medical Innovations.
- Julianna DiMarco: competed in Medical Reading.
- Kaitlin Douglas: competed in Medical Innovations.
- Jenna Gendreau: competed in Health Career Photography
- Gracie Jean-Charles: competed in Cultural Diversity & Disparities in Health Care.
- Amy Laser: competed in Biotechnology.
- Rylee Lowe: competed in Debate Team.
- Alayna Mejean: competed in Debate Team.
- Janiyah Outlaw: competed in Nurse Assisting.
- Karis Price: competed in Debate Team.
- Enzo Reyes: competed in Biotechnology.
- Mayra Rodriguez: competed in Health Career Display.
- Noeli Velasquez-Rodriguez: competed in Health Career Display.
- Kaia Zika: competed in Health career photography.
Amy Laser placed 3rd in Biotechnology and she qualified to move on to HOSA international competition.